Allan Hancock College, College Now!
The Allan Hancock College Now! Program provides a special opportunity for high school students to get college credits while attending high school.
Your counselor would love to talk to you about the opportunities the College Now! program offers and to discuss the details you will need to know.
Please visit the counseling department and see Mrs. Hollingsworth to make an appointment with your counselor.
College Now! Requirements:
- Be at least junior or senior high school status.
- Reside and be enrolled in Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo county high schools
- Have a minimum 2.5 high school unweighted grade point average (GPA) – unofficial transcripts from high school are required when submitting the Petition for Enrollment form.
- Students who have previously attended AHC must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at AHC to continue in the program.
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility, academic requirements, and the rigor of college coursework.
- Complete the College Now! Petition for Enrollment form; and obtain necessary signatures (high school counselor and parent/guardian).
- Provide their unofficial high school transcript verifying a 2.5 unweighted GPA to the testing center on the day of their test.
- Enroll in a maximum of six (6) units per semester.
- Submit a completed AHC College Now! Petition for Enrollment form and unofficial high school transcripts prior to enrollment.
The Enrollment Fee is waived for approved College Now! students. However, College Now! students must pay the Health, Student Photo ID (optional), Student Center (Santa Maria campus only), Student Representation, Parking and Nonresident Tuition (if applicable) fees. Total fees not including Nonresident Tuition will be approximately $20 to $46.50 per semester. Books are additional. All other fees, including Nonresident Tuition (if applicable), apply.