2023 Graduation Information
Welcome Class of 2023!
Thursday, June 8, 2023
Doug Hitchen Stadium
- Graduation is at 5 PM on 6/8
- Tickets for field seating will be available for pick up on Monday, June 5th.
- Each graduate will receive one ticket for four guests.
- All guests must arrive together to enter the field.
- Seating will be assigned.
- Seat assignments will be sent on the week of 5/30 via ParentSquare.
Graduation Day Agenda for Seniors
- Graduates should be prepared to report to the gym at 8:30 AM on graduation day for practice. It is advised that they come with water, snacks, and sunscreen/ a hat as they will be outside and under the sun until about 10:45 AM
- Graduates will report to the gym again at 4 PM to prepare for the procession into the stadium.
- Additional guests are welcome to attend. Open seating will be available in the Home Side Bleachers and standing room only on the Blacktop. These areas are not reserved. Blankets and other items cannot be used to block these seats. Gates open at 3:30 PM.
Accessible/ Handicap Parking
- Handicap Parking Spaces will be reserved at the front of the school. The lane in front of the gym and the first three Staff parking rows will be marked and designated for handicap parking. Please make sure your handicap placard can be viewed.
Accessible/ Handicap Shuttle
- A shuttle will be available for those that need assistance. There will be a shuttle waiting area at the front of the school near the parking lot, between the Main Office and the Gym.
Accessible/ Handicap Seating
- Handicap seating is located on the ground level of the Home Side Bleachers. Seating passes for this area can be picked up at the main office between May 31 - June 7 from the front desk. These passes help us account for the number of chairs needed in this area. Handicap seating passes are good for that person and their escort.
- Campus Candids will be on site taking professional pictures. All grads and their parents/guardians will receive an email on how to purchase.
- If you want to get ahead of your registration to purchase photos, follow the instructions on this link (or use the QR code below).
- The ceremony will be live-streamed and available through our school youtube page (@aghseagles). AGHS will also send out the link and post it on the school website and on Facebook @AGHSEagles prior to the ceremony.
- Diplomas can be picked up at the Records Office immediately after the ceremony. If unable to pick them up after the ceremony, they will be available the week after graduation (June 12 through June 16) in the Records Office during business hours or when the staff returns after August 1, 2023.
What can I wear?
- Graduates can wear any regalia earned while at Arroyo Grande High School including cords earned with Give Back 250, CTE, and AVID. Stoles earned with AP Capstone and Gold Tassels earned with a 4.0 GPA or higher. There are also medals earned with various programs such as Skills USA, Thespian Troop, and Leadership, to name a few.
- Caps may be decorated as long as the design is flat and school appropriate. Caps must have the edge color remain blue and items may not extend from the top. Seniors, see the Google Classroom for more information.
- Graduates may not wear leis of any kind (flowers, candy, money). You are welcome to present your graduate with their personal items on the Blacktop after the ceremony.
Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions that have not been answered here. Thank you! Looking forward to the big day.