Students that do not meet the criteria at this time because they do not have AP test scores until the summer, simply contact one of the coordinators. REMEMBER: You can qualify earlier by passing the AP Spanish class with a B or better simply apply once the semester grades are posted or you can request a teacher recommendation from your Instructor, Mr Schmidt.
To Apply Click HERE
The California State Seal of Biliteracy Criteria established in legislation certifies attainment of a high level of proficiency in two or more languages. If you are applying for a language that is not part of the AP test, American Sign Language, or a language that does not have a written system such as Mixteco, you can still qualify. Please contact your school coordinator to review your criteria equivalency.
The English criteria includes:
- Completion of all English language arts requirements for graduation with an overall grade point average of 2.0 or above. (If you received a "credit or no credit" for one of your classes please contact your school coordinator)
- Passing the California Standards test in English language arts administered in grade 11 at the proficient level of 3 or better. (This requirement will be waived due to the school closure last Spring)
- For English learners not reclassified, attain the overall early advanced level on the ELPAC.
The criteria for proficiency in a language other than English is one of the following:
- Passing a World Language Advanced Placement examination with a score of 3 or higher.
- Passing an International Baccalaureate examination with a score of 4 or higher.
- Successful completion of a four-year high school course of study in a world language and attaining an overall grade point average of 3.0 or above. (Passing AP Spanish or equivalent with a grade of B or better)
- Passing a school district approved language exam that, at a minimum, assesses speaking, reading and writing passing at a proficient level or higher.
- Passing the SAT II world language examination with a score of 600 or higher.
For more information please contact: