California State Seal of Biliteracy for Seniors
To Apply Click HERE
The California State Seal of Biliteracy certifies attainment of a high level of proficiency in two or more languages. If you are applying for a language that is not part of the AP test such as American Sign Language or a language that does not have a written system like Mixteco, you can still qualify. Please contact your school coordinator to review your equivalency.
The English criteria includes:
- Completion of all English language arts requirements for graduation with an overall grade point average of 2.0 or above.
- SBAC/CAASSP (ELA): A score of 3 or better is required for your 11th grade standardized English.
- For English learners not reclassified, attain the overall early advanced level on the ELPAC.
The criteria for proficiency in a language other than English is ONE of the following:
- Passing a World Language Advanced Placement examination (AP) with a score of 3 or higher.
- Successful completion of a four-year high school course of study in a world language and attaining an overall grade point average of 3.0 or above. ( or Passing AP Spanish or equivalent with a grade of B or better)
- Passing the SAT II world language examination with a score of 600 or higher.