Short Term Independent Study Contract Request Form
If the student is going to be UNAVOIDABLY absent for more than three (3) consecutive school days for any reason, the Parent/Guardian can request a Short-Term Independent Study Contract (STISC). Requests for STISCs must be made at least five (5) school days prior to the first day of absence.
Summary of requirements (for more information, see STISC request form):
- Student must have at least 2.0 Grade Point Average and no more than one (1) F
- Student must have no more than 18 periods of unexcused absence
- STISCs will not be issued during any type of State testing
- Maximum of two (2) contracts issued per school year
- Maximum of fifteen (15) days total per school year
- All work is due to the Attendance Office on the day that the student returns to school
- If plans change, additional days must be added to the agreement at least 5 school days prior to the contract’s starting date, or they will be coded as unexcused absences.
Please click on this link to request a Short Term Independent Study Contract: STISC Request Form