Career Planning Website: www.californiacolleges.edu
- Start with taking a Career Interest Profiler - Get a list of careers you would do well in based on your career interests.
- This is a great way to start exploring careers and choosing your major of study.
- Your counselor and career technician can view your career interest results to help you explore all career options .
Instructions on how to create you California Colleges Account:
- Go to the Website: www.californiacolleges.edu
- Click on Sign In Lock Icon (top right corner)
- Click Register (Don't have an account?)
- Select I am a Student
- Type in your school district Lucia Mar Unified School District
- Type Arroyo Grande High School
- Under Student ID, enter your State School ID number. (you access this ID in Aeries)
- Enter your date of birth; MM/DD/YYYY
- On the next page, click Sign UP with Google, enter your LMUSD Gmail Account, then click NEXT
- Enter your LMUSD password and click NEXT
- Use the Sign in with Google option when logging in.
Steps to Successful Career Planning
1. Self-Exploration using online assessments will evaluate the following about you:
~ Personality ~ Interest ~ Abilities ~ Values ~ Skill
2. Explore Careers with the following websites:
3. Make Decisions about the future that you desire for yourself:
Selecting Major of Study
College Cost Research
4. Set Goals
Create a Academic Planner
College Readiness: CSU and UC College Eligibility