Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University
Applications Open: Monday, March 25th, 2019
Deadline to Apply: Monday, May 1st , 2019
M.I.N.D.S is a 6-week paid internship for underrepresented high school juniors and seniors who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine. Interns will learn about different medical professions, health disparities in New Jersey, and the social determinants of health.
Accepted interns will receive:
- $1, 200 stipend
- CPR/BLS and Narcan Certification
- SAT Prep for 1 year
- Hands on experience in a hospital setting
- Field trips to community organizations, universities, and more
- Must begin their junior or senior year in September 2019
- Must identify as African American, Latinos/Hispanic American, and Native American (American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian), first generation, OR financially disadvantaged
- Must complete an application
- Must submit an unofficial transcript with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must provide 1 recommendation letter from a teacher, principal, guidance counselor, or community leader
- Must submit a 500 word essay that answers the prompt, "Why are you interested in pursuing a career in medicine?"
Competitive applicants will be scheduled for an in-person interview. Accepted applicants will be notified by June 3rd.
Statistics from the 2018 Application Pool: