Papich Construction is seeking an IT SUPPORT INTERN. We are looking for a student intern with exceptional customer service skills, solid troubleshooting skills, ability to work well in a team environment, excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision. This is a paid summer internship.
This role is responsible for providing direct technical assistance and support for network, hardware and software issues. Duties include installing and maintaining computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one technical assistance as needed and/or requested, determining causes of computer, software, and network malfunctions through evaluation and testing and resolution via modifications, repair, or external support assistance.
What You'll Do:
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to v. Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Provide backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Must be a current high school or college student
- Must have a current GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be available to work a minimum of 16-28 hours per week
- Must have a valid work permit (if a high school student under the age of 18)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to develop, maintain, and promote strong internal and external relationships
Applicants must have experience with Windows XP/7 in a technical support environment. Experience with Windows 8 is a plus. Applicants must also have experience supporting recent versions of Microsoft Office Applications, including XP, 2003 and 2010. Experience with networking technologies and printer support is preferred. Applicants must have awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and résumé citing your experience, platforms and technologies in which you are proficient, as well as a completed Papich Construction application. Download an application online at http://papichco.com/construction/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Papich-Construction-Sierra-Pacific-Materials-Employment-Application-Packet.pdf
Application materials will not be considered without a cover letter, resume and completed application.
Papich Construction is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Fair Employment Practices and workforce diversity. We participate in E-Verify. Selected candidates for all positions must submit to post offer pre-employment drug/alcohol screen.